• All work carried out by a Citroën Authorised Repairer is warranted for a period of 6 months or 6,000 miles, whichever is the sooner, from date of being carried out.
• The date of the work being carried out is that of the date when the Citroën Authorised Repairer completed the work.
• The relevant proof of purchase must be available for inspection by the Citroën Authorised Repairer if requested.
• Work carried out under this warranty does not carry a further 6 months or 6000 miles warranty, but only on the unexpired portion of the warranty on the original purchase.
• A Citroën Authorised Repairer’s obligations are limited under this warranty to repair or replacement (at its discretion).
• Parts removed for replacement under this warranty automatically become the property of Citroën UK.
3. Change in ownership
In the case of change of ownership of a vehicle which has had work carried out, the benefit of the warranty may be passed on to the new owner of the vehicle providing that the proof of purchase (such as original invoice and receipt) shall be proven by the new owner to the Citroën Authorised Repairer’s reasonable satisfaction.
This Warranty does not cover:
• Where the work carried out is affected by improper operation of the vehicle, vehicle modification or alteration, extreme natural elements (including fire or flood), accident, neglect, abuse or damage, in all cases whether wilful or otherwise.
• Where the vehicle has been used for competition, racing or records attempts.
• Wear and tear commensurate with the use and mileage of the vehicle.
• Any costs related to vehicle recovery, loss of use of any vehicle, alternate vehicle procurement, or fault diagnosis.
• Work carried out under the terms of the new vehicle contractual warranty.
• Any consequential or indirect loss or damage, or loss of profits.
Every new Citroën enjoys the benefit of our comprehensive three year Manufacturer’s Warranty. All Citroën Select Approved Used vehicles benefit from a 12 month dealer supplied warranty. Citroën Extended Warranty allows you to benefit from continued protection once your current warranty has expired.
Citroën Extended Warranty provides 12 months cover (as long as your vehicle mileage does not exceed 100,000 miles). There are no limitations to the number or value of claims you make, providing they don’t exceed the purchase price of your vehicle. In addition, there are no excess charges if you need to make a claim. All repairs can be carried out at a Citroën Authorised Repairer, by qualified Citroën technicians, ensuring the very best quality of repair for your vehicle, helping to preserve the performance of your vehicle.
For further information please call: 0344 573 8191
Citroën Extended Warranty cover includes:
Cover against the cost of mechanical or electrical repairs or replacement required as a result of manufacturing or material defect to your Citroën.
Citroën Extended Warranty cover does not include:
Vehicle damage caused by corrosion, neglect, accident, fire, improper use or having been used for competition purposes. Vehicle modifications or alterations from the original specification. Normal wear and tear.
How to buy Citroën Extended Warranty:
If your Citroën is less than 3 years old, and has covered less than 60,000 miles, then you can find out more about Citroën Extended Warranty here, get a quote and purchase online today.
If your vehicle is over 3 years old, and currently has Citroën Extended Warranty or a Citroën Select Approved used warranty in place, you will be contacted prior to the expiry of warranty with an invite to purchase Citroën Extended Warranty.
You can purchase Citroën Extended Warranty in a single payment by debit/credit card or monthly renewing payments by Direct Debit. A ‘Pay As You Go’ option is also available (dependent upon purchase date), giving you greater flexibility.
Start of the Warranty period:
The contractual warranty period starts from the date of invoicing to the customer.
Duration of warranty and mileage limits:
All Citroën Original Equipment Parts and Citroën Approved Parts come with a 1 year parts and labour warranty. Exceptions to this are:
• Clutch kits > 1 year parts and labour limited to 40,000 miles
• Batteries > They are guaranteed for a set period within the following parameters
• 4 years in the case of Powercharge Premium Batteries except for taxis and commercial vehicles where the warranty is for 1 year
• 3 years in the case of Powercharge Plus Batteries. Use of these batteries is not guaranteed in taxis or commercial vehicles
• 2 years in the case of Powercharge Batteries. Use of these batteries for taxis or commercial vehicles is not guaranteed
The 12 months parts and labour warranty is only applicable if it is fitted in a Citroën Authorised Repairer.
Where the customer believes they have a potential claim they must return to a member of the Citroën Authorised Repairer Network and present the associated invoice. The Authorised Repairer will then carry out a technical validation to confirm the claim is valid.If the part is then subsequently replaced, the warranty on this part will be for the remaining contractual period from the original invoice date.
The parts and labour warranty does not apply to:
• A repair done outside of the contractual period of the parts warranty.
• Wearing parts, the replacement of which is not the consequence of a failure and/or its environment but the result of normal wear.
• Adjustments, tuning or operations which form part of the normal servicing and maintenance of the vehicle.
• Provisional or partial repairs carried out to the customer’s instructions.
• Abnormal use of the vehicle causing failure of the part or abnormal use of the part (e.g. use of the vehicle in competition, incorrect use of brake and clutch functions etc.).
• Failure of the part if this is because servicing operations recommended by the manufacturer and carried out on the initiative of the customer, needed to ensure reliability of the part, have not been carried out.
• Noise and vibration related to the normal operation of the vehicle.
• Deterioration such as discolouration, alteration or distortion of parts due to normal ageing.
• Repairs following the use of poor quality fuels or non- approved additives.
• Any fluids that do not conform to the manufacturer’s specification (brake fluid, coolant, screen wash and car care products etc.).
• Failure to respond to an invitation from the manufacturer or its representatives for a vehicle update (campaigns).
• Parts have been modified outside the Citroën Dealer Network.
CITROËN SELECT VEHICLE WARRANTY
Every Citroën Select vehicle enjoys the reassurance of a comprehensive 12 month manufacturer warranty, 12 months Roadside Assistance cover and MOT Test Cover.
Our warranty consists of one high level of cover, with no excess charges or claim limits for all qualifying vehicles, and is supplied to you by your Citroën dealer. For more information 'Citroën Select' below.
Plus, you could also benefit from an additional 12 months warranty cover, with our Extended Warranty.
From the date of first registration, all Citroën vehicles also benefit from:
• Paintwork Warranty, (three years for cars and two years for vans)
• Anti-perforation Warranty, (12 years for cars and 5 years for vans)
Terms and Conditions apply