Since its launch in 1996 and with more than 1.5 million vans now produced, the iconic Citroën Berlingo now moves to its third generation Citroën Berlingo Van. New Berlingo Van is a real leap of generation in terms of style, equipment and modularity. The ideal vehicle for all professionals will be available in Autumn 2018.
At Citroën, the van's story begins in the 20th century. Berlingo comes from a long line started in 1928 with the C4 van. In 1950 the famous 2CV minivan was presented, the 100% van version of the cultured 2CV, which became a real iconic model.
In 1978, 2CV Fourgonnette was replaced by Acadiane.
The real breakthrough came in the 1980s with a new offering: Citroën C15 which reached more than 1.18 million units assembled in 22 years.
The other great revolution of the late twentieth century was the Berlingo! The very first generation appeared in July 1996, defining the light-van segment by focusing on design and comfort. Berlingo innovated with a specific silhouette and an integrated load cabin. Over time the name became synonymous with the segment.
Robust and protective, New Citroën Berlingo Van adopts an energetic exterior style with fluid lines, without aggressiveness.
• A consistent front face of the brand identity which it shares with its older sibling, Citroën Dispatch, an upright and short bonnet featuring large lights.
• In profile, fluid lines and fashioned flanks. A promise of practicality and generosity of interior space.
A version named "Worker" for professionals transporting equipment and people around all types of difficult terrain:
• Extenso (R) cabin: 3 seats in the front, a mobile office and increased modularity to manage long loads.
• Grip Control with Hill Descent Assist, raised ground clearance (+ 30mm), large wheels (690mm) with Mud & Snow tyres for more traction.
• A payload increased to 1,000kg, enhanced LED lighting, mid-height securing rings for convenience.
The "Driver" version, specially designed for companies and their employees who have to make long trips or numerous deliveries in urban areas.
• Driving comfort: seats with lumbar adjustment
• Acoustic enhancements for a more refined driving experience
• Helpful driving aids including Surround Rear Vision
• 8 inch colour touchscreen with Citroën Connect Nav and DAB radio
This version provides added well-being and practicality for everyday efficiency.
New Citroën Berlingo Van meets a diversity of needs and is designed for all uses, featuring modularity and versatility with:
• 2 lengths Size M: 4.40m and Size XL: 4.75m
• 2 cab configurations: Extenso Cab (R) and Crew Van
• 2 sliding side doors and twin 180° opening rear doors
• Segment leading load volume: 3.3m3 minimum and 4.4m3 in size XL with up to 1000kg payload
• A multitude of clever storage solutions: 113 litres of storage including the Passenger Side 'Top Box' glove box and drawer under the drivers seat
New Citroën Berlingo Van features useful technology for everyday life. Functional and practical, New Citroën Berlingo Van is reassuring and ready to offer an ever safer and calmer drive. Standing proud in its segment, it has:
• 4 connectivity technologies including Citroën Connect Nav, Mirror Screen (Apple Car Play / Android Auto), Citroën Connect Box with Emergency and Assistance System, and Wireless Smartphone charging
• 20 Driving Assistance Systems
Citroën Berlingo Van offers innovative technology: Surround Rear Vision provides unparalleled visibility. A 5 inch colour screen in place of the central rearview mirror displays images from two cameras (one in the base of the passenger mirror / one at the top of the opening rear doors). 3 display options:
• Rear view monitoring: provides an image from the rear of the vehicle when traveling forward.
• Side passenger view: the driver can see the passenger side of the van by pressing a button on the side of the indicator stalk.
• Reversing camera: displays the area behind the vehicle when in reverse gear.
Performance has been upgraded through the combination of the new lightweight EMP2 platform and latest- generation fuel-efficient engines with low CO2 emissions.
New Berlingo Van is available with:
• Award winning PETROL versions, a PureTech 110 S&S 6 speed manual
• 4 DIESEL versions: BlueHDi 75 manual, BlueHDi 100 S&S manual, BlueHDi 130 S&S 6 speed manual and BlueHDi 130 S&S EAT8 Auto
The latest generation of EAT8 "Efficient Automatic Transmission" 8-speed automatic gearbox offers real driving pleasure over long distances as well as on multiple daily journeys.